Monday, June 29, 2009

Organized Craft Room....

I finally did much needed organization to my craft room. It was getting to be a mess. Now I'm going to work on decorating it a bit more, but here's some pictures of my room.
My main work area. I absolutely love this desk, got it at Target.com with free shipping. I also love the wooden sewing box, gift from my Mom. I need to get a better chair, currently using on of my dining room ones.
The brown table on the left is a new sewing table that Mom gave me. Pardon the guinea pig cage, it is a temporary placement.
Anyone ever tried to make an ironing board cover? I'd like to make a cute one, but not sure how to pad it right.

Finally folded all my fabric and fat quarters so I can find what I want when I want it.

My craft room luckily has a great closet for craft supplies. It wouldn't work so great if you wanted to use it like a regular closet though. The bag was made using Amy Butler's Birdie Sling pattern.


One side of the closet housing some fabric scraps, patterns, stuffing, etc.

The other side with ribbon and scrapbooking supplies.

Finally made myself a sewing machine cover with some cute fabric I also got from my Mom. (She gives me a lot! You should see her fabric stash! I could sew daily for years and not make it through half of it)

All the organizing and sewing made Ellie tired.















4 comments:

  1. Oooh to have a whole room for crafting! It's lovely! I haven't tried it yet, but I bookmarked a tutorial for an ironing board cover here: http://iliketomakestuff.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-ironing-board-cover.html Hope it helps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great space! Sew Mama Sew did a great piece on the blog about Spring Cleaning your sewing room. There are checklists and links to things like making an ironing board cover and how to organize ribbons and notions, and where to buy storage containers. I'll be using it when I do my big clean up in a couple of weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love your over-window shelves. Plus your sewing machine cover is super super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome job!! It looks fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete